Monday, March 27, 2017

Old Blog, New City, New Beginnings...


“I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life,
but my life was never ordinary.
I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.
Likewise, I never imagined that home might be something I would miss.”
(Ransom Riggs)

I have recently moved back to New Zealand.
I was living in Australia,  and had been since 2008.

I used to think moving to a new country was the hardest thing I have ever done.
I have been back in NZ for over a year now. And in some ways, coming back home
(after being away for nearly ten years) has proven even more challenging.

But in late November of last year, I moved to the deep South city of Dunedin.

And...    

Dunedin is great!!! I love it here!!!!
I only just moved here, but straight away
I have felt VERY at home...
People are so, SO friendly!!

(Dunedin, South Island, Aotearoa)

(Dunedin, South Island, Aotearoa)
Anyway. I haven't worked and lived in NZ for quite a while.
A lot of people are getting back in touch with me from my past...
They want to know what I have been up to. And want to hear
what I am going to get up to, too!  

So I have decided to re-visit this here blog on a regular basis...
  And to post some of  my more recent 
cartooning & teaching adventures, among other things.

This blog will probably also include upcoming events,
things I am doing (etc) too. 

So please - Stay tuned! Watch this space!!
And thanks for reading...

Kia ora,
from Brent Harpur, the "Kiwi Cartoonist" !!
(late March, 2017.)


PS
Here are some recent pictures of me working
in one of my fave new cafes, here in Dunedin.
It's called 'Morning Magpie'.
If you are heading down this way, 
check them out! And say hi from me!!
You might even see me drawing in there some days...









 PPS
If you see a photo of you on this blog and you want it removed,
just email me and I am happy to do that!
Thanks!!

email: cartoonbrent@gmail.com 

 “Home is the place where, when you have to go there,
they have to take you in.”
(Robert Frost) 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment